- TaskApp™ is the first on-demand multi-service provider app in South Africa, serving to connect users to a variety of nearby service providers to arrange taxi rides, package pick-up and drop-off, home services (for example, painting, plumbing and electrician) and other on-demand services.
- TaskApp™ (hereinafter referred to as “TaskApp™”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”) respects your privacy and hereby commits itself to protecting your personal information and complying fully with all applicable data protection and privacy laws, including the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 (“NCA”), Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“Consumer Protection Act”), the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) or other laws and any industry requirements (as stipulated in POPI’s industry codes), as far as the same are applicable.
- We undertake to only use your personal information lawfully and reasonably and only insofar as such use is relevant and necessary to provide you with the services and to conduct our business. At all times, we shall keep the provision of valuable services and a seamless experience to you at the forefront of our minds.
- “Cookie” refers to a small text file unique to the mobile application that you are using that is placed on your computer or mobile device’s hard drive and stored by a web server. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names and some numbers and characters. The information that cookies collect may include the date and time of your visit, information which you provided when subscribing to a communication or signing up for a service, your user preferences and your navigational history. The content of such cookie can only be read by the web server in the domain that created it. When you visit TaskApp™ again, the cookie allows us to recognise your browser.
- “Data subject” means the person to whom the personal information relates – in this case, you as the user of TaskApp™.
- “Direct marketing” is defined as approaching a data subject, either in person or by mail or electronic means, in connection with goods and services being promoted or offered for supply in the ordinary course of business.
- “Non-identifiable information” refers to information that cannot be used to identify an individual – such as statistics on website visits and services ordered.
- “Personal information” means any private information obtained electronically or otherwise, which relates to an identifiable person (whether natural or juristic), and which, alone or jointly with other information, can be used to identify such person. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, your name and surname, age, date of birth, contact details (e.g. your physical address, e-mail address or telephone number), physical location, information relating to your finances. Personal information furthermore includes the geographic location from which you accessed TaskApp™ as well as information relating to your activity on our app (for example, details of how and when you accessed TaskApp™ and what links you followed).
- “Processing” includes any operation or activity (whether automatic or not) concerning the collecting, receiving, recording, organising, retrieving or using of personal information; or disseminating, distributing or making such personal information available.
- “Responsible party” means TaskApp™, the owner and operator of TaskApp™, who is responsible for determining the purpose and means of processing personal information.
- This Policy applies to the following parties, as far as is relevant and applicable to them:
- “users” being the users of the TaskApp™ mobile application;
- “service providers” being the service partners with whom TaskApp™ has partnered and which service providers are registered on TaskApp™; and
- “contractors” being our agents and contractors employed by us to provide services to us including, inter alia, performing processing functions on our behalf.
- Where a general reference is made to a “user”, the same shall refer to service providers and contractors, insofar as the same may be applicable.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- TaskApp™ collects personal and non-identifiable information and undertakes to keep such personal and non-identifiable information separate.
- The non-identifiable information is collected to enable us to understand which of our service offerings our users are accessing. This allows us to improve our offerings to better meet your requirements.
- Before you may access the services registered on TaskApp™, you are required to create a user profile. This user profile necessarily requires you to provide us with personal information, such as your name and surname, language, email address, telephone number, order information, shipping address and method of payment. Should you refuse to provide the same, this may impact on our ability to provide the services to you and/or to send you our newsletter and other communications.
- During your usage of TaskApp™, we may utilise cookies and other technological means to further collect personal information relating to your access to TaskApp™, such as the time of such access and your IP address. We may also collect navigational information, including information about the services you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with TaskApp™. Lastly, location information is collected when you use one of our location-specific services, such as hiring a taxi. This includes your actual GPS location and the time such location information was recorded.
- Lastly, we reserve the right to keep a record of any correspondence that you may send to us.
- Rest assured that this personal information is retained for no longer than is necessary to provide you with the services and to improve TaskApp™. In addition, you are free to modify your browser settings to block cookies. However, this may mean that you are unable to sign in to TaskApp™ or use some of its features that may require the usage of cookies.
- Should you be hesitant to provide us with your credit card and other banking information, TaskApp™ allows you to make payment by cash.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM THIRD PARTIES
- Your personal information may be collected from third parties (including our service providers, agents and contractors who provide services to us, perform processing functions on our behalf).
- In such cases, your personal information will only be collected as far as is necessary for the purposes for which such third parties are contracted by you and/or in order to allow such third parties to provide services to us.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect and use your personal information for various reasons, including:
- to establish and verify your identity on TaskApp™;
- to provide services and information to you;
- to communicate with service providers;
- to deliver or verify the services you have requested;
- to process and facilitate orders and payment transactions made by you;
- to improve our users’ experience of TaskApp™;
- to better understand our users and their needs;
- to make the app more user-friendly;
- to provide a personalised user experience by displaying content that is customised to your location and preferences;
- to operate TaskApp™;
- to assist us with administering TaskApp™, including diagnosing and resolving technical issues and queries, resolving disputes and enforcing the Terms and Conditions of Use;
- to enable us to communicate with you, including sending transaction-related communications, newsletters or marketing communications, and maintain records of our communications with you. Please note that, if you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you are free to opt out at any time;
- to improve TaskApp™ and provide better service to our users;
- to carry out internal auditing, data analysis, and research; analyse business operation efficiency and measure market shares; and improve TaskApp’s service offering;
- for marketing purposes, to disclose information about our users in general terms to advertisers, service providers and/or business partners;
- to allow you to sign up for our newsletters and/or enter into any competitions or promotions that we or our service providers may run; and
- other purposes not specifically mentioned which are lawful, reasonable, relevant to our business activities or with your consent.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We undertake not to intentionally share your personal information with any person who is not a registered service provider or an authorised government entity, except in the following circumstances:
- with your consent;
- for the purposes of our legitimate business interests;
- in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations, as required by a competent authority and/or for resolving legal disputes and if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary;
- with service providers that are legitimately registered on our app and only as far as is necessary in order to enable them to provide you with the services you have requested and to provide you with promotional materials.
- You hereby agree to your personal information being shared in the following instances:
- with our employees, contractors and agents to the extent that they need to know such information in order to process it for us and/or to provide the services or to provide services to us, such as site hosting, development and administration, technical support, marketing services and other support services;
- in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or any other contract between you and us;
- in order to protect our rights, property or safety or that of other users, employees, contractors, agents and any other third party;
- in order to mitigate any actual or reasonably perceived risk to us, other users, employees, contractors, agents or any other third party.
- We will get your permission before disclosing your Personal Information to any third party for any other purpose and, as far as is possible, we will ensure that any and all personal identifiers in such personal information are removed in order to protect your privacy. We further guarantee you that your personal information will never be sold or leased.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- All personal information shall be stored on our servers and/or on third party servers.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Whilst nobody can guarantee the absolute security of any information on the Internet, since no security measure is perfect and no computing system is absolutely secure, we undertake to take all possible steps and follow all commercially reasonable means to secure and protect your personal information and prevent any unlawful access to the same.
- In the first instance, we ensure that we only collect minimal personal information, which is absolutely necessary and relevant to for our purposes as set out above and only persons who necessarily require access to such personal information may access the same.
- In order to do so, we have adopted standard industry practices and regularly work to identify all risks and establish and maintain safeguards against such risks. We use a range of technologies and control mechanisms to ensure the confidentiality of personal information. We undertake to maintain and continually improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
- We further hold our service providers to strict personal information protection standards, which are regularly monitored and enforced.
- Should all of the above measures fail, we do not accept any liability whatsoever for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information and your use of the TaskApp™ shall be subject to your indemnifying us fully against such unauthorised access or loss of personal information.
- If we determine that any breach of the privacy of the personal information stored by us has occurred, we will notify you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with information regarding the breach and its possible impact on you. We shall further provide recommendations relating to risk mitigation steps and remedial measures that you may undertake in order to protect your privacy.
- In order to safeguard our networks and security, we reserve the right to intercept, monitor and inspect all material and information transmitted by email on our system.
USE OF THE TASKAPP™ BY MINORS
- TaskApp™ and the services provided therein are specifically intended for adults. We do not intend to offer services to or solicit or collect personal information from any minor and your use of TaskApp™ shall be deemed to be an acceptance of this provision and an acknowledgement that you are over the age of 18 years old or are acting under parental supervision and with consent.
- Should we inadvertently collect personal information relating to a minor without obtaining the necessary parental consent, we undertake to delete such personal information as soon as possible after becoming aware of it.
- As discussed above, we or our service providers may from time to time send you marketing communications. You are however entitled to opt out of any such marketing communication which falls within the definition of direct marketing at any time. Therefore, if you do not wish to receive such marketing communications from us, please let us know using any of the contact details provided below.
- Please be aware, however, that in the event that you elect not to receive direct marketing communications, we will still send you communications relating to your payment of our service providers, where applicable.
THIRD PARTY SITES
- Some of our service providers may provide links to their websites on TaskApp™. It is hereby recorded that such websites are not within our control and therefore, the use of such links is done entirely at your own risk and we may not be held liable for the privacy practices of such third-party site.
- By clicking on such links, you accept the risks associated with the use of any such third-party sites and accept that TaskApp™ may not be held liable if you suffer any losses or damages when visiting such third-party sites.
- However, in the event that we fail to comply with all the provisions hereof, by your use of TaskApp™ and particularly by submitting personal information to TaskApp™, you hereby agree that your sole and exclusive remedy against us will be to demand that we promptly correct your personal information contained in our records or to cease using such information.
APPLICATION OF RELEVANT LEGISLATION
- TaskApp™ is intended for use in South Africa but may be accessed in South Africa and abroad.
CONSENT TO JURISDICTION
- By using TaskApp™, the User hereby unconditionally consents and submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court in relation to all matters arising from such use, but TaskApp™ shall not be obliged to institute action in the Magistrate’s Court.
- We encourage you to review this policy whenever you visit our Site or App and you hereby undertake to do so.